I can’t believe this is the last day of January! I personally lost the first half of the month to being sick (Karl and Anja got bugs, too), but we’re all well again (just in time for my 40th birthday ;-). Keynote has been hopping, with all kinds of good things going on. Here are just a few of them:
Serving the Campus Ministry
For many years, Keynote has been sending representatives to various college Campus Ministry Christmas Conferences in order to recruit students for our own Summer Project or for internships or full-time positions.
In recent years, God has opened doors for Keynote to be a resource to some of these conferences through worship leading, program planning and emcee training.
In December of 2010, Keynote sent teams of musicians to San Diego, Minneapolis and Boston to lead worship bands of students from the respective regions. We love being able to work alongside the Campus staff and help shepherd these students in becoming “lead worshipers.”
Along with helping conferences musically, Keynote has served in other roles. Keynote was able to serve the conference in Denver again in the area of program planning. Several of the student emcees at conferences across the country were trained at Keynote!
You all could pray for the students around the country that God wants to be a part of the 2011 Summer Project to begin the application process! (And if you know any students who would like to take part, send them our way or to www.keynotesummerproject.org)
International Opportunities Abound
- January – Slovenia – our team recently returned this weekend from worship leading at the Eastern European Campus Crusade Staff Conference
- January – Spain – worship leading at a mid-year conference for Short-term International Staff serving in North Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Central Asia. This team is coming back now
- March – Egypt – ad hoc band, The Replicas outreach tour (Please Pray for Egypt. The country is having great unrest presently. Pray for our team to know how to prepare in light of the uncertainty of being able to go or not.)
- March – El Salvador – ad hoc band, Stop on Green outreach tour
- April – Guatemala – Communication training
- May – Australia – blackSoil project outreach tour
New Media Labs
Please pray for the team to be creative as they field multiple requests for tech tools, apps and language translations for existing tools. They have a lot of great new ideas, so pray that God would help their time and energies to be used well.