I can’t say it any better than one of our Campus Crusade leaders, who wrote:
As I’m sure you all know, the tragic events and great losses that occurred at Virginia Tech yesterday have left us grieving and clinging to the Lord in this difficult time. Though our understanding is limited, it is in these desperate times that we are reminded that we have a great High Priest who has gone before us, who loves us, and prepares a place for us. And because He stands at the right hand of the Father even now, we pray. We have been praying specifically for those who have experienced this unimaginable loss first-hand, but also for our staff and students at Virginia Tech who are coping with the raw emotions and pain in their midst.
The leadership of Campus Crusade has put out an invitation for people to call on God on Thursday. Specifically, pray for
- The families of the students who were killed
- The students who were injured and still in the hospital
- Four students that were involved with Campus Crusade were killed. Please pray for their families and friends.
- Survivors of the shootings who witnessed the horrors of that day. Pray for God’s grace and comfort
- Pray for wisdom for the CCC Staff and other campus ministers and pastors as they seek to counsel and love the hurting students
There is more information on this Campus ministry web site.