What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “the Internet”? For me and the guys I work with, the Internet has become an indispensable tool that we use daily. We find the answers to technical problems or learn better ways to do things because others have been there first and shared what they’ve learned on the Internet.
In the same way, we can use the Internet to share the answers to life with people who are seeking. Check out these encouraging statistics from Campus Crusade’s Internet ministries:
- Last year alone, people from 191 countries indicated decisions for Christ on our websites
- Every 3 seconds someone reads the gospel
- Every 1 minute someone indicates a decision to become a Christian
- Every 3 minutes an email conversation begins with one of our staff or volunteers
Who will follow up all these people and help them grow in their faith?
How about you?
A friend of ours recently responded to the 200th email that he’s received through an Internet response tool that is used by many Campus Crusade web sites. Here’s a portion of the email he received:
Tell us about your spiritual journey: I just prayed to receive Christ as my Savior for the first time
Volunteering online is like having people come knock on your door and ask, “Would you please tell me more about Jesus?” You can be used by God to move people to the next step in their spiritual journey.
If you’re interested, here are some web sites to investigate:
- Global Media Outreach is a web ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ that has created a volunteer system called www.responsecenters.org
- Campus Crusade for Christ Canada’s Internet ministry, TruthMedia, has information about many kinds of online mentoring at http://training.truthmedia.com/mentoring/
Keep on praying that God will involve more people, in more ways, in the harvest!
(a pdf version of our newsletter is here)